Use frozen puff pastry or shortcrust. If making fresh pastry, add a tsp. of ground tumeric or annatto to give it the traditional yellow colour.
- 300g/10 ozs. Minced beef or chicken
- 1 tsp. Walkerswood Jerk Marinade or
- 1/2 tsp, Walkerswood Traditional Jerk Seasoning
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 tsp. Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Walkerswood One Stop Sauce
Mix all filling ingredients and saute in a little oil until cooked. Set aside and let cool.
Lightly beat one raw egg in a cup and set aside. Defrost pastry, roll out, and cut out circles- about 15cm/6in in diameter. Place a small amount of filling in the middle. Paint edges with egg. Fold pastry over filling and press edges of pastry together with a fork.
Place patties on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees C / 375 degree F for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
Makes about 4-6 patties.